I decided to do a bit of thrift store hunting this weekend and managed to pick up this sweet little Crocodile toy that will make a great test case, along with a cell phone speaker case.
I was happy to find that the crocodile had a button built into it so I just snipped the wires and used that! The amp was a little bit more of a let down. I pulled the whole thing apart down to the battery pack, control circuit and speakers. Unfortunately even at the highest volume settings it’s painfully quiet, but it’s enough to get the point across.
Right now I just have my test recordings saved to the SD Card, next step will be adding in some actual recordings I’d want to use. I will include the early submissions I’ve gotten from friends and will probably record my own Motivational Monday posts from the past couple years to fill out the content.
From here I think the next step will be building it into something a little more robust than a plastic crocodile, a more powerful audio amp with clearer speakers and then I think it’ll be time to collect recordings!